ZA Domain Delete
Table of Contents
1. Performing the Domain Delete Command Request
2. Possible Responses
2.1. 1001: Command Completed Successfully
2.2. 2303: Domain Not Found
2.3. 2304: Domain Status Prohibits Operation
2.4. 2305: Host Dependencies
1. A domain that has entered deletion will be suspended for 5 (five) days, then enter the deletion phase for a further 5 (five) days, before finally being deleted.
2. A domain that has expired and enters deletion automatically will enter the Closed Redemption Phase after the initial 10 (ten) days of suspension and deletion. The Closed Redemption Phase lasts a total of 20 (twenty) days.
3. Domains in Closed Redemption may not be transferred away or deleted, only renewed.
4. A domain that has expired (not manually deleted as below) will queue a poll message.
5. On successful suspension, deletion or entry into Closed Redemption, an email notification will be sent to the Registrant of the domain to notify them of the upcoming changes.
The following are possible responses from our server.
A response code of 1001 means that the request has been received and the domain has entered a suspension phase. Based on the time of deletion relative to the registration time, the domain may enter the Grace Period Suspension. The following messages are associated with the response:
1. "Command completed Successfully; action 'PendingGracePeriodSuspension' pending in 7 days" means that the domain has been deleted while it is in its Grace Period. The Grace Period is the first 7 (seven) consecutive days from the day of registration. A domain that is deleted during the grace period will be removed from the registry database at the end of the 7 (seven) days and the registrar will be refunded a portion of the registration fee.
2. "Command completed Successfully; action 'PendingManualSuspension' pending in 5 days" means that the domain has entered in the Suspension Phase. This phase will last a total of 5 (five) days, after which the Deletion Phase will be entered for a further 5 (five) days. A poll message will be queued to indicate the Phase transition. At the end of the Deletion Phase the domain will be removed from the registry database.
<epp:msg>MESSAGE AS ABOVE</epp:msg>
A response code of 2303 means that the domain requested for deletion could not be identified in the registry database. Please review the <domain:name> element value.
<epp:msg>Domain not found exampledomain.test.dnservices.co.za</epp:msg>
A response code of 2304 means that there is a status on the domain that is prohibiting the deletion of the domain. Please review the Status-Message Mapping on how to remove the current status.
<epp:msg>Domain status 'STATUS' prohibits operation</epp:msg>
A response code of 2305 means that the subordinate hosts of the domain name are acting as delegated hosts for one or more other domains. Therefore if the domain is deleted, the associated hosts are as well, breaking to authority for the domain names that use its hosts in a delegated manner. Please update the domains in the list provided in the response to point to different responsive hosts..
<epp:msg>Subordinate host 'ns1.exampledomain.test.dnservices.co.za' dependencies
[otherdomain.test.dnservices.co.za] prohibit domain 'delete' operation</epp:msg>
Last update: 24-06-2014 12:39:43
As the end of the year approaches, please keep in mind the following information to avoid any frustrations over the holiday period.
Our offices will be closed from the 21st of December 2020 and will reopen on the 4th of January 2021. We will have skeleton staff on standby to attend to urgent customer queries.
EPP and Legacy Support: email@example.com
EPP and Legacy Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy holidays and let us continue to maintain social distancing as we approach this peak time!
All issues and questions relating to the co.za EPP Registry Registrar System must be raised in the Contact/Support pages through the Registrar Portal. This is to ensure that our support department tracks and addresses all issues. Log in to the Registrar Portal and submit a support request online.
Click here for the latest status updates.